Planning a Playground Project: Vendor Selection
Pacific Play Systems provides free consultation to its customers for planning a playground project, whether it is for a brand new project, an ADA access upgrade or for a full renovation of an existing playground facility. We offer a high degree of ADA accessibility in our designs and we encourage our customers to upgrade their existing playground facilities to comply with the latest ADA codes and standards. If you can dream it, we can plan it, design it, manufacture it, and then install it.
Located in Carlsbad, CA, Pacific Play provides its clients with a wide range of products and services that includes free consultation as it relates to planning for a playground project, site evaluation, ADA accessibility reviews, planning, design and installation. Undertaking a playground project can be a monumental task for a person unfamiliar with all that is involved with such a project, playground safety codes, regulations, etc. Poor planning or hiring ill-equipped contractors can end up being very pricey when it comes to fixing any mistakes committed, in addition to potentially jeopardizing the safety of the playground’s end users.
In today’s environment, there are many complex rules and regulations governing playground ADA accessibility and safety. In recent years, the slump in the construction industry has forced many out of work contractors to enter into the playground installation business, without fully understanding the safety rules and regulations. As such, proper planning has become quite crucial and site administrators are advised to know what they are buying, from whom they are buying and who will be the installer. The following are a few simple steps to follow when starting to plan for your project:
- Playground safety should be the first concern. Make sure the equipment purchased is of commercial quality and that it complies to ASTM F-1487-2011 as well as CPSC Publication 325. In addition, be sure that your facility meets the latest playground ADA accessibility codes and standards per Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).
- Look for vendors that have a proven track record in the industry, offer full installation, and are capable of offering a high level of customer service and support throughout the process.
- Consider the experience and qualifications of the company that you intend to do business with and the qualifications of their installation team. This will ensure that your equipment will be designed properly, age appropriate, installed correctly, and have proper safety surfacing. Ask the vendor for a free evaluation of your site.
- Buy the best quality commercial grade equipment that your budget allows. This is not the time to buy the least expensive products in order to save some money. Ask for a detailed cost estimate for all applicable costs such as: equipment, materials, surfacing, demo, hauling, grading, drainage, flat works, installation, tax, freight, etc.
- Minimize freight cost by giving preference to manufacturers in your region. Check out their local representative who will be your vendor for equipment, installation and future customer service and support, make sure that they are a reputable company.
- Discuss the need for any future maintenance and budget for it accordingly.
- If there is a need to do fundraising, ask your local vendor for assistance.
- A reputable vendor should provide you with a detailed proposal that clearly identifies what is being offered and should be responsive and timely.
At Pacific Play Systems, we take pride in our high quality USA made products and materials, manufactured by highly experienced local and regional manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest level of customer service and support and are available to assist each client with every conceivable facet to their playground project. We have the knowledge, skills, expertise and experience to help our customers shape their perfect dream project into a viable reality. Planning a commercial playground project requires much effort, but you can count on Pacific Play Systems to provide you with exceptional assistance throughout the entirety of your playground project.